KITBASH!!!! Again...
I did more kitbashing yesterday with my 12 inch figures. First thing I touched on as soon as I got back was my Superman custom figure I did few nights back. I bought some paints so what I did was paint Superman's eyes to it's rightful colour, sky blue.

The eyes of a true Superman...
I was unsatisfied with the 'S' Emblem as it was mounted out really bad due to the nature of the previous Ken figure. So I decided to cut the stem in between the 'S' chest plate and with a glue it back together.

I cut away the stem or support or whatever makes you happy in between.

I cut the remaining parts and makes it look flattened and I glued it together.
For what it's worth, Superman is almost done, but I would really like to continue upgrading this first ever successful kitbash I did. I'm still planning to change the cape to a better textured material and also, to make this Superman change to his alter ego, Clark Kent. I'll do my best....
Enter The Joker
I'm really excited with this 2nd project of mine. So far, I think this will take some time to complete as there are many sculpting and sewing (for the costume) to be done First of all, I got an old 12 inch figure that is in my possession all along. Use sculpey to create the joker's teeth first as shown in the picture below.

I then began to wonder as it looks really odd at that stage. I thought this whole project will turn into a catastrophy. But I fought on. With the face of Jack Nicholson as the Joker for inspiration and all the Batman comics that has the joker's face surrouding me as I pursue this project, I was determined to finish this (Well, at least the face sculpt).


At the end of last night, I was quite happy with the progress of the Joker. It looks ok but still need lots of work to be done.
When I got back today, I started touching up the face and the whole head area. Finally, after the sculpey was hardened and I was really satisfied with the sculpt, I started painting all those necessary areas white to suit the Joker's skin.


Leave it to dry, and there you have it... A custom Joker figure. Well that's all I have to update as of now, I will finish up the hair, costume and need to purchase some body parts (like gloved hands and some smart shoes for example). Enjoy the photos and tune in to more of the updates. Peace...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home